Brian Conway is considered the leading player in the Sligo-New York style of playing, and this, his second solo album, is described by Earle Hitchner in the introduction as a striking document of his evolving virtuosity, musicality and the inspiration and pleasure that come from playing such a responsive instrument.
Earle Hitchner says of the playing: 'Brian brings to his music an enviable equilibrium of style, substance, taste, imagination and deference to the past'.
This deference to the past is also reflected in the title of the album, Consider the Source, a reference to both the importance of the source of the music and also the style of playing which originated, of course, in Co. Sligo and was brought across the Atlantic by such musical greats as Michael Coleman and James Morrison.
Liosta Traiceanna / Track Listing
1. Reels: Trim the Velvet / Lord Gordon's
2. Jigs: Keys to the Convent / The Knockawhinna / Teviot Bridge
3. Hornpipes: Tailor's Twist / Galway Bay / O'Kelly's Fancy
4. Matt Hyland
5. Reels: John McGrath's / Dave Collins' / Larry Redican's
6. Waltz Set: Velveta Waltz / Oslo Waltz
7. Reels: Jackson's No. 1 / Jackson's No. 2 / The White Leaf
8. Slow Air: The Wounded Hussar
9. Reels: The Peeler's Jacket / Lucy Campbell / The Humours of Westport
10. Jigs: Killimor / Pat McKenna's / Father Hanley's
11. O' Carolan Tune: Madam Maxwell
12. Jigs: O'Mahony's Frolics / Condon's Frolics / Swans Among the Rushes
13. Highland Mary
14. Hornpipes: The Eclipse / The Sunshine
15. Reels: Bonnie Kate / Jenny's Chickens / The Mason's Apron / Peter Street
Íocaíocht & Slándáil
Déantar do chuid sonraí íocaíochta a phróiseáil go slán. Ní dhéanann muid sonraí cártaí creidmheasa a stóráil agus níl aon rochtain againn ar shonraí a bhaineann le do chárta creidmheasa.