Wolf & Clover takes inspiration from a variety of musical genres, with heavy influence coming from the Irish (and other Celtic) traditions as well as the individual backgrounds of each member of the group. We like new tunes, especially Irish-style tunes written by living composers, and the oldest of the old at the same time. Sometimes we take risks with harmony and decorations.
Wolf & Clover is also committed to An Ghaeilge (the Irish Language) and has worked on several recording projects with singers in that language. Our new album, twelvemonth and a day contains two songs sung in the Irish language.
Liosta Traiceanna / Tracklisting -
1. The Columbus Set (Molly Bawn, River Skimmer, Winter in Columbus) 4:13
2. The Animal Set (Crested Hens, Emmett’s Hedgehog, Gathering Sheep) 4:18
3. The Unquiet Grave 5:06
4. The James Carville Set (The Congress, Funk the Cajun Blues) 4:54
5. An Rógaire Dubh (The Dark-Haired Rogue) 4:07
6. The Whistle Set (Dancing Donkeys, Ella’s Jig, Phrygian Whistle) 4:31
7. An Eriskay Love Lilt 2:16
8. The Suitor Set (Emma’s Waltz, Lonesome Eyes, The Four Kisses) 6:31
9. The Bedroom Set (Snug in the Blanket, Behind the Bush, Wallop the Spot) 4:18
10. Into the Mystic (Van Morrison) 4:07
11. O’Carolan’s Farewell to Music 6:19
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.