This first complete edition of Patrick Pearse’s plays (in English and Irish) also includes his most significant writings about the nature of theatre in early 20th century Ireland. These plays were highlights of the Cultural Revival and drew a who’s who of literary and political figures to productions in Dublin in the years preceding the 1916 Easter Rising. Each work is annotated and illustrated with contemporary photographs, and placed in its historical, social and political contexts. The editors make Pearse’s plays readily available to those wishing to stage productions and also provide a complete reference source for those who seek a better understanding of one of the most iconic figures of the Easter Rising. The annotated plays and commentary provide fascinating insights into the cultural, imaginative, and intellectual life and times of a man who helped shape one of the defining moments in Irish history.
• Macghníomhartha Chúchulainn (Gaeilge)
• Macghníomhartha Chúchulainn (Pearse’s English Summary)
• Íosagán (Gaeilge)
• Íosagán (Pearse’s English Version)
• An Rí
• The King
• The Master
• The Singer
• Eoghan Gabha
• Eoghan the Blacksmith (Editors Translations)
• Descriptive treatment of An Pháis (Passion Play)
• Descriptive treatment of The Defence of the Ford (1913)
• Descriptive treatment of Fionn – A Dramatic Spectacle (1914)
Selected extracts from ‘An Claidheamh Soluis’ and ‘An Macaomh’.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.