Energy, passion, fun and respect are the four words that sum up the musical mission statement behind Mórga. Four friends, four virtuoso musicians, on a mission to bring together the wild energy of the Irish-American dance bands of the roaring '20s, the sound of the Irish traditional music revival of of the 1970s, and the excitement of the best pub session imaginable.
Growing out of the rich Galway music scene, a shared passion for old and lively traditional music drew the band members together. Mórga (Irish for majestic) was formed in 2008, and the band released their self-titled debut album in 2009 to critical acclaim.
Liosta Traiceanna / Track Listing
1. Paddy Cronin’s / Get Up Old Women and Shake Yourself / The Chicken that Made the Soup
2. Fitzmaurice’s Polka
3. Johnny’s So Long at the Fair / Sweet Marie / Coen’s Memories / My Maryann
4. Fred and Peter’s / Up the Hill of Down / The Kilmaley / For the Sake of Auld Decency
5. Finbarr Dwyer’s / The Bird’s Nest / Lománach Cross
6. Devlin’s / The Geese on the Bog / The Leg of the Duck / Birdie
7. Fred and Peter’s / The Mountain Pathway
8. Believe Me, if All Those Endearing Young Charms / Garry Owen / Connie the Soldier / Dever the Dancer
9. Farewell to Cailroe / The Road to Garrison / The Callan Lasses
10. Gol na mBán san Ár / Hardiman the Fiddler / Three Ha’pence a Day
11. Kelly’s / The Sunflower Schottische
12. The Edenderry / The Dangerous Reel / The New Found out Reel
Fiddle Music - Danny Diamond
North - Conor Caldwell & Danny Diamond
Danny & Aki – Music from the Irish, American and Nordic Traditions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.