This game can be used as a tool to reinforce language that the children already have, in addition, it can act as a tool to teach new phrases and vocabulary. The game can be played by up to 6 children and is most suitable for the more senior classes in school.
This game helps children to learn vocabulary and phrases related to the following topics:
• Slithe Beatha / Occupations/Jobs
• Daoine a chomhaireamh / Counting People
• Uimhreacha (Aoiseanna) / Numbers (Ages)
• Ainmeacha siopaí / Shop names
• Bia / Food
• An Scoil / School
• Éadaí / Clothes
Examples of some of the questions asked:
Cé mhéad duine atá sa phictiúr?
Cén t-am é?
Cén aois é Daideo?
Cén sórt siopa é?
How to play:
- Roll the cube and identify the colour that is face up on it.
- Pick the corresponding colour card.
- Answer the question on the card (answers are given in the booklet to assist with this).
- If the player gets the question correct, he/she keeps the card. If they get the question incorrect, they must return the card to the pack.
- The winner is the player with the most points (points are written on the right hand corner of each card).
How the Kubd game could be played:
• The teacher could have each group in class working with their own Kube- the teacher can then sit and assist with a group who need extra support.
• Having completed one of the themes from the Kube, teachers could then use the Kube to reinforce this knowledge.
• At home: parents/carers could use the Kube to reinforce what was taught in school, and also help their child learn new vocabulary.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.