A host of new and established country, bluegrass and roots music artists join forces with the world renowned Chieftains for a series of historic Nashville sessions celebrating the ties that bind Ireland's enduring musical heritage to the heartland of America.
The Chieftans were formed in 1962 by Paddy Maloney, from the ranks of the top musicians in Ireland. Although their early following was purely a folk audience, the range and variation of their music very quickly captured a much broader public, making them today the best know Irish band in the world. The Chieftan's music remains as fresh and relevant today as when they first began.
The album's fourteen tracks feature performances by Vince Gilll, Martina McBride, Lyle Lovet and Patti Griffin. Legendary instrumentalist Earl Scruggs as well as the eclectic Bela Fleck are also highlighted, as are the bluegrass virtuosos Del McCoury, Ricky Skaggs, Alison Krauss and Jeff White. 'Down the Old Plank Road' also spotlights special guests John Hiatt along with the duos Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings and Buddy and Julie Miller. The album is produced by Chieftains founder Paddy Moloney.
Liosta Traiceanna / Track Listing
1. Down The Old Plank Road - John Haitt, Bela Flec, Jeff White and Tim O' Brien
2. Country Blues - Buddy and Julie Miller
3. Sally Goodin - Earl Scruggs
4. Dark As A Dungeon - Vince Gill
5. Cindy - Ricky Scaggs and Kentucky Thunder
6. Molly Ban - Alison Krauss
7. Don't Let Your Deal Go Down - Lyle Lovett
8. Bela's Reels - Bela Fleck
9. Whole Heap Of Little Horses - Patty Griffin
10. Rain And Snow - Del McCoury Band
11. I'll Be All Smiles Tonight - Martina Mc Bride
12. Tennessee Stud - Jeff Whiteo
13. Katie Dear - Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Give The Fiddler A Dram (Finale) - Various
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.